Meet Dr. Kenneth Liu
Kenneth Liu, DMD, MS
I remember that when I was a young boy, a woman walked up to my family at a restaurant to talk to us. She was a patient of my father, who is a prosthodontist. She was beaming, with a beautiful smile, and she said, “I used to hate smiling because of my teeth, but your dad fixed them. Thanks to him, now I can’t stop smiling!”
That particular memory resonated with me. It was amazing to me to realize that dentistry blends both medicine and artistry, a combination so powerful that it can impact a person’s confidence and sense of self. As I grew older, I realized that I also wanted to pursue dentistry, and I quickly developed a passion for periodontics.
Education and Continuing Education
- Duke University – Bachelor of Science in Biology, 2014
- University of Alabama School of Dentistry – Doctorate of Dental Medicine, 2018
- University of Alabama School of Dentistry – Certificate in Periodontology, 2021
- University of Alabama School of Dentistry – Master of Science in Dentistry, 2021
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Southern Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
Beyond the Practice
I was born and raised in Vestavia Hills, a suburb of Birmingham, Alabama. I have loving parents who always provide encouragement and support, and I have an older brother who is my best friend. I met my beautiful wife, Elyse, in dental school, and we are excited to be part of this community.
I’m a curious person by nature, and I enjoy learning new skills and picking up new hobbies. I enjoy sports, mainly tennis and basketball, and I play musical instruments like piano and guitar (and occasionally ukulele). I am a big college basketball fan — Go Duke!